Although the outsourcing industry has flourished recently, many businesses still need help deciding whether to outsource some, all, or none of their online operations. For instance, the solution is always complex when it comes to employing blog writers. Our in-house talent acquisition team has given some insights about this topic, and these tips will surely help you. So, we have compiled a list of 26 things that you may wonder before you hire blog writers.
1. WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS WHEN YOU HIRE BLOG WRITERS?
Compared to hiring a writer on staff full-time, outsourcing allows you to pay for the service you need.
Only during periods of high activity or when it would be more expensive to handle the projects internally may you outsource blog writing.
In the long run, outsourcing can boost a business’ sustainability and resilience, particularly for small and medium-sized enterprises.
You can outsource the project and deliver it considerably faster because a dedicated professional will take on your project immediately instead of piling tasks onto your workers’ to-do lists. You might hire a company that offers outsourcing services and is open around the clock.
Various points of view
As opposed to having a single writer create all your material, outsourcing blog writing lets you acquire a distinctive perspective on each subject. For example, you’ll probably have ten posts authored by ten different writers instead of just one.
By outsourcing, you’ll have more time to devote to the essential tasks that keep the business running smoothly.
Access to specialized knowledge
Companies can gain from having access to a larger pool of applicants, and no matter what course you choose for your blog, you may find specialists who specialize in a particular area for each topic.
2. WHAT ARE THE DRAWBACKS OF OUTSOURCING BLOG WRITING?
At first, outsourcing can seem difficult and time-consuming because finding excellent authors is neither simple nor quick.
Influence on blog voice
With familiarity with your writing style, corporate culture, and business objectives, an external blogger will find it easier to represent your firm.
Management and onboarding
You still need to invest time and effort into onboarding and managing a remote writer or writing team if you want to prevent the effects on blog voice and writing style that were previously highlighted.
3. WHEN SHOULD I NOT HIRE BLOG WRITERS?
You should consider hard before hiring a blog writer if your blog is the foundation of your company, you are the voice your followers most closely follow, or they feel a strong sense of connection to you. The effect it might have on your relationship with your readers is one of the first things to consider. Although fully outsourcing blog writing might be detrimental to the blog voice and your readers’ relationships, partially outsourcing the service may be possible.
4. SHOULD I OUTSOURCE BLOG WRITING OR HIRE A CONTENT CREATION COMPANY?
Before you hire blog writers or outsource an agency, take the following factors into account:
- Cost of writing a blog
- The goal for blog posting frequency
- Long-term commitment versus one-time transaction
- Required number of authors
- Being accessible and eager to collaborate with the author
Outsourcing blog writing and freelance writers is an excellent choice for one-time projects and tight budgets. However, working with a content creation company might be preferable if you require numerous writers, are dealing with large quantities, or are looking for long-term collaboration.
5. HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO HIRE BLOG WRITERS?
The price of hiring a blog writer on the outside might range widely from $10 to $250 per blog article. The price is determined by the caliber of the writer, the article’s intricacy and depth, and the word count.
6. WHAT TO EXPECT FROM A BLOG WRITER?
- Every business and hiring team expects the following when they hire blog writers:
- Know your field inside and out.
- Give enlightening, useful information.
- While writing, keep the reader in mind and adhere to the greatest SEO techniques.
- Proficiency at the native level in your language.
- Provide a title, meta description, and focus keyword as well.
- Regularity and prompt delivery
- SEO blog post writing service
7. HOW TO FIND AND HIRE BLOG WRITERS FROM A PARTICULAR NICHE?
There are a few elements that might make the process of finding writing experts in a specific field easier. You might start by mentioning the niche in the job description or looking for candidates in forums for the industry. You could also try any of these websites before you hire blog writers:
- One Content Pro
- House of Write
- Writing Content Services
8. WHAT SHOULD I ASK CONTENT CREATION COMPANIES AND WRITERS BEFORE HIRING THEM?
Before you begin to work with a blog writing service or hire blog writers, consider the following points:
- Understanding of your sector.
- Prior professional experience in your field or one closely similar.
- A readiness to learn about your brand, company’s voice, and strategy.
- Ability to create content that is appealing and reflects your brand.
- You may have already perused their web resume or other posts and can vouch for their abilities. Discuss the applicant’s willingness to write a “test post” if they are a ghostwriter, for example.
- Precise knowledge of your target audience or willingness to learn about.
- Ability to work independently, pick themes, set up a blogging schedule, and follow it.
- The capacity to immediately come up with some suitable and pertinent themes.
- Method of performing the research.
- Solutions to writing-related issues or preparation techniques before starting the writing process.
- Ways to increase traffic after publishing a blog article and post-publication strategy.
- Performance indicators from earlier posts (e.g., numbers of social media shares, new subscribers, conversions, and more).
9. SHOULD I BUY PRE-WRITTEN CONTENT FOR MY BLOG?
You risk receiving plagiarized, ambiguous, and bland content when you purchase pre-written blog posts. The risks become much greater when we consider the long run because this method will only give your blog an inconsistent voice and quality.
10. CAN A FREELANCE BLOG WRITER OR CONTENT CREATION AGENCY MATCH THE TONE OF MY BUSINESS BLOG?
When you outsource an agency or hire a blog writer, you must acquaint your writers with your business’s writing style and tone, the audience it intends to target, the brand image, and business goals. It is better to create a writing style guide or handbook to help save time for both yourself and the writer.
Hiring multiple freelance blog writers enables you to create more content without overtaxing any one person while also providing backup writers in case your principal writer needs a vacation. It’s generally a good habit and eases transitions if a writer leaves and you must locate a replacement. You can also hire a content creation platform like One Content Pro. A pantheon of authors is constantly available at One Content Pro, prepared to fill any possible gaps.